Silver plating has many different uses in an industrial setting. It can be used as an engineering coating due to its superior conductivity and corrosion resistance. When used in plating, silver’s conductivity allows for extensive use in electronics and semiconductor industries. It is also used extensively in the aerospace, telecommunications, military, and automotive industries. Silver plating creates a surface that can be soldered and exhibits low electrical resistance; it is also useful for bearing surfaces and anti-galling applications.
Silver Finishes offered at Nico:
- A number of different tarnish resistant formulations are available depending on your application and needs.
Common Industrial applications:
- A surface that can be easily soldered
- Electrical contact characteristics
- High electrical and thermal conductivity
- Thermo compression bonding
- Wear resistance of load-bearing surfaces (anti-galling)
- A spectral reflectivity
- Good corrosion resistance
- Mil QQ-S-365D
- ASTM B 700